Pagina 1 di 13 1 2 3 11 ... ultimoultimo
Visualizzazione dei risultati da 1 a 10 su 128

slackware abbandona gnome

forse...qui l`articolo previa registrazione gratuita...http://www.theage.com.au/articles/20...?oneclick=true
    che ne pensate?
    Walk fast, chew slowly.
    "We used students as subjects because rats are expensive and you get too attached to them"

Re: slackware abbandona gnome

Originariamente inviato da weatherman
    che ne pensate?
    che slackware non mi è mai piaciuta
    Karmacoma, jamaica' aroma

Utente di HTML.it L'avatar di Rommel
    gnome non mi è mai piaciuto , kde e slack sì
    In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?

Moderatore di Linux e software L'avatar di francofait

Re: slackware abbandona gnome

Originariamente inviato da weatherman
    forse...qui l`articolo previa registrazione gratuita...http://www.theage.com.au/articles/20...?oneclick=true
    che ne pensate?

era ora meglio tardi che mai

Comunque usate BugMeNot

e tutti i prg gnome-dipendenti ke fine fanno???

quelli tipo x-chat, gftp, gedit, gaim, ecc...
    L'erba calpestata da stivali militari diventa più forte mette le ali.
    Caccia bombardieri si schiantano per terra, soldati dell'impero disertano la guerra.

Utente di HTML.it L'avatar di gianiaz
    Originariamente inviato da tojo72

credo che ci sia un'alternativa per ognuno, e comunque non penso possano vietarti di installare gnome su slack

e soprattutto leggete la mia firma!

Utente di HTML.it L'avatar di /dev/null
    Ne avevo gia' sentito parlare... Ma non toglie Gnome e mette Gnome-Dropline? (il link non va quindi non ho potuto leggere)

Se fa effettivamente questa mossa... Mi dite che cambia tra i due Gnomi?
    Ultima modifica ad opera dell'utente /dev/null il 01-01-0001 alle 00:00

Utente di HTML.it L'avatar di /dev/null
    Originariamente inviato da tojo72

Bhe'... >Sicuramente< anche se levano Gnome le GTK ce le lasciano, quindi quei programmi dovrebbero continuare ad andare
    Senza le GTK non funzionerebbe Mozilla ne' Gimp... E (soprattutto per il secondo, ma -secondo me- anche per il primo) un Linux non sarebbe un vero Linux (faccio per dire )... E se non sbaglio anche OO.o e' scritto con le GTK... Ma tanto questo non lo uso

Ultima modifica ad opera dell'utente /dev/null il 01-01-0001 alle 00:00

Slackware may drop GNOME
    By Sam Varghese
    October 27, 2004 - 3:54PM

One of the oldest Linux distributions may drop the GNOME desktop and leave it to users to install this environment if they so wish.

Slackware Linux was started by Patrick Volkerding in early 1993.

In reply to a recent mailing list post, asking why the packages for the latest GNOME - version 2.8 - was still not available for Slackware, Volkerding wrote that since GNOME 1.4 he had felt that it (GNOME) was going in a direction that did not fit well with Slackware's goals.

He said as far back as release 1.4 he had considered removing it completely "and taking whatever flames I get for that decision."

"Right now, I think removing it would be the best thing for Slackware as it's become a maintainance (sic) nightmare," Volkerding wrote.

"I do believe it would be best to let Dropline produce Slackware's GNOME and quit wasting my own time with it. Probably 1/3 of developement time here is used maintaining GNOME, and *most* of the bug reports I get have something to do with GNOME (and aren't bugs I caused, or can fix)."
    Advertisement Advertisement

Dropline Systems is now producing a version of GNOME, designed specifically for Slackware systems.

Volkerding continued: "KDE, on the other hand, tends to build using the existing build scripts with no changes at all. I can start the build and come back to finished packages in a few hours. A GNOME update usually takes at least a week of manual labor, and another week of cleaning up broken things. It's been a long time (like I said, around GNOME 1.4), since I've felt the effort was worth the return."

Asked for a reaction, Jeff Waugh, release manager for GNOME, said he could speak for himself and not the GNOME Project or Foundation.

Waugh said: "Integrating and supporting a complete desktop software stack such as GNOME is a challenging task, comparable to the maintenance of a simplified Linux system such as Slackware. It is no surprise to me that Patrick is thinking about passing the torch to Dropline, who have done a sterling job providing high-quality, up-to-date releases of GNOME for Slackware.

"That will give Patrick more time to focus on the core system, while leaving desktop integration to the Dropline folks, who rock so hard."

Comment was sought from Volkerding and the GNOME Project.
    [Homepage] [Contattami]